How it Works
SmartReg is a user-friendly system that includes software and a card reader. The software is not seen by the operator, as it runs in the background on your machine. By scanning an ID, such as a Driver’s License, information is automatically parsed and populated onto your fields in your enrollment screens.
This process automates the recall of current customer records and entering information for new records.
Application independent means there is no integration needed with your current database. You use your current software applications and screens. SmartReg simply emulates human keystrokes by reading the electronic information from the ID card.
- Fast and accurate recall of the correct person’s record upon ID scan.
- Automatic enrollment of person’s information when adding a new record. Any information available on the Driver’s License or government issued ID can be populated to your enrollment screen.
- Reduction of duplicate records caused by errors, typos and common names (ex: Johnathan Smith, John Smith, Johnny Smith, J. Smith). This technology allows for multiple search fields to be entered, such as Name, Date of Birth, City, State, etc.
- Greater privacy in the enrollment process by reducing verbal exchange of information.
- Enhanced customer satisfaction.
- Reduced fraud by detecting use of fraudulent ID cards.
Return on Investment (ROI)
The value of each patron to a casino is extremely high as is the cost to attract and retain those guests. The speed of processing patrons through the enrollment process is vital. For every minute a guest stands in line, the casino loses revenue. One source estimated this loss at $2.97 per minute. In addition, the resulting duplicate record problem can also cost money in duplicate mailings and database maintenance.
SmartReg can be installed on any PC running Windows or Terminal Emulation software. The software runs in the background, so there is no operator involvement required with SmartReg. The software recognizes the screen the operator is in (ie: Search or Enrollment) and automatically fills in the fields accordingly.
BadgePass is a security and identification software solutions provider, headquartered in Ridgeland, Mississippi. SmartReg was the first software application developed at BadgePass and has since been implemented in thousands of casinos, hotels, hospitals and corporations nationwide. Other BadgePass products include Photo ID, Visitor Management, Access Control and Time Management.To learn more or to locate your local BadgePass dealer, visit www.badgepass.com.